Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Cycling drive on a TS131 NAS?


full image - Repost: Cycling drive on a TS131 NAS? (from Reddit.com, Cycling drive on a TS131 NAS?)
Hello all! I must apologize first as I'm a newb on these QNAP NAS drives but am attempting a redundant backup. At my graphic design shop, I have two TS231 drives, and one TS-131 drive. One of the TS231 drives operates as a "server" drive on our network, where we have multiple designers accessing the drives. We have a specific "A" folder (client active files) and a "B" folder (client archive files) that are constantly being accessed within this NAS. These 2 drives are then backed up every evening onto a separate 2 bay NAS via the QNAP HBS 3 Hybrid sync app. Folder "A" on NAS 1 gets backed up to folder "A" on NAS 2, and folder "B" on NAS 1 gets backed up to folder "B" on NAS 2. We have done this in the event that if this drive goes down, we can then switch the IP address and access This has been syncing great over the months we've had them running. Now, I'd like to use the TS-131 drive to only backup folder "B" and be able to swap/cycle the drive out of the office so I have a timed backup among 3 hard drives a week apart. How would I go about doing that? Do I need to clone the drive among the 3 that I will cycle inorder to swap the drives out? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I only have a basic understanding of how these operate, so keeping it at an understandable level would be great too!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.