Saturday, August 31, 2024

Got laid off half a year into a startup, how do I move forward?


full image - Repost: Got laid off half a year into a startup, how do I move forward? (from Reddit.com, Got laid off half a year into a startup, how do I move forward?)
Hello, all! Would really appreciate some advice on how to proceed after this series of unfortunate events.I graduated last year from a T25 school and due to familial circumstances, was inadequately prepared for the job search afterwards. I had great projects and spent as much time as possible building my own, attending Hackathons to boost my resume, and doing volunteer work, but was unable to find a local or online internship because I had to take care of a parent with cancer.It was a bit of a struggle trying to find a job afterwards, but towards the end of 2023 I was finally getting interviews and things were looking up. I reached out to my network to see if there were any opportunities as well and a friend introduced me to another friend who was starting his own company. I begin as a part-time contractor for his company and then was offered a full-time position afterwards. The pay wasn't great, but it was fully remote and I liked what we were working on and was excited to push myself and grow.On hindsight, I probably shouldn't have made the decision that fast and I currently regret throwing away the other opportunities I had to jump on the offer as soon as it was made. The job itself eventually turned into an entire nightmare where there was little to no communication from my boss, messages at 3 am in the morning, working weekends, and getting assigned large system design tasks where a senior dev would have been much more suitable for. I would message my boss everything I did for the day and wouldn't get a response back for ages, and it would be clear he never read what I reported to him. I developed major anxiety and depression, which get triggered from whenever I hear the sound of a Slack message. Eventually he decided to call for a meeting for the first time in months, and I was excited to present everything I had done for him up to that point... only for him to tell me at the meeting that he could no longer afford to keep me.My friends tell me it isn't my fault and the boss was terrible at managing people, but it did a massive blow to my self-esteem and confidence. After slowly getting my life back together and healing the mental trauma from the experience, I don't even know where I stand now among the sea of 2025 graduates preparing to look for jobs. I only have half a year of professional experience to show on my resume, and I don't know if I'm qualified to apply for new grads now as a 2023 graduate. How difficult would it be now to start looking for a job? Should I go back to creating projects or grind LC?Every day I regret accepting the offer and not continuing with the other interviews I had...tl;dr Graduated in 2023, worked half a year at a terrible startup, got laid off, and not sure what to do now.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.