Saturday, August 31, 2024

URGENT!!! CS or Engineering route


full image - Repost: URGENT!!! CS or Engineering route (from Reddit.com, URGENT!!! CS or Engineering route)
Hello fellow seniors! would love your perspective on my dilemma!(I'm cutting this very short I know 😔 been busy and still is busy with personal stuff)Disclaimer: wall of text, any and all advice criticism and queries are welcomed! thank you for your time reading and effort if you decide to reply! am posting on other subs for greater reach due to urgency, hope you understand :) Also throwaway account to remain anonymous from family and friendsI'm about to start uni life in around 3 weeks but less than 2 to make my final FINAL decision.after a stressful month+ of sleepless nights and pro conning starting at the end of June trying to meet deadline, I landed on the toughest decision of my life to opt for SoftwareEng diploma in local privateU looking to pursue degree in CyberSec (or Networking, DevOp etc, not sure yet but probably something in relation to servers, or just SE if I like it)originally (still am now) I really wanted to enroll engineering up until E&E degree, have massive interest in robotics, electronics etc, been tinkering with stuff all my life and had participated in robotics competitions during SJKC (DynaBook/EduSpec) and SMK (NRC), but after many factors mainly the glooming salary to YOE in Msia and the additional 1.5 years needed for degree, I got anxious and ✌️'d outI was content finalizing my application and getting offer letter... for roughly 2 weeks, then I was back weighing between CS and Eng again as it didn't sit right with meI don't wanna (unless no choice) use up another 1.5 years for academics, I've alr gapped a year, there's "people" in my life I've got to repay favors physically and financially for and their time are dwindling.with that being said, it basically limits me to only KL and surrounding area for jobs, big reason why I chose CS as current end goal, for the flexible workplace, enticing income (for current market) and the depressing fact that many Eng grads end up in this field regardless or venture elsewhere to different countries for better income and WLB, which I wouldn't bring myself to do.even after acknowledging this, that my STEM dream ever since adolescent is not going to be what my mind made it out to be, that it's dead in the water and CS is the only way to go in Msia, I'm starting to have doubts again about whether if it's THE option that will benefit and satisfies both partiesI don't wanna regret potentially missing out on certain things because I picked one over the other, at the same time I have priorities in mind that I HOPE to uphold in the future; It keeps me up at night knowing I'm the last person in my household that can help my "people" reach financial freedom if I play my cards rights, and it's so damn hard playing against houseSo the big question is:Should I be egocentric or have family in mind?Should I pursue something I'm ambitious about for lower income or something I'm less passionate about for possibly higher pay?I heard that CS and Engineering alike are saturated, or going to by the time I graduate, if that's the case which option would be "safer bet/more stable"? [ pls elaborate if possible thx :) ]With the current coverage from the media highlighting immediate action regarding the shortage of engineers in Msia, what's your take on it? how will it affect salaries and brain drain of future engineers?Is the 1.5 years worth the risk in my situation? risk being spending more time in uni and best case scenario I live the dream, or I'd earn minimum wage after grad, or switch fields to CS earning more but could've started earning soonerI know the future is unpredictable and that there's no direct path or guarantees in life, maybe I'll be (most likely not 🤣) the next Elon or Zuckerberg who knows, but all I ask from you is to share your experience if you have any, I'd be delighted to learn from it. Fyi's:• I'm just more into engineering, am very hands on person, coding less but I can get by if needed• I dun really care for workload as I think I can handle it (might be bit naive😁)• Yet to give course fee, just library fee, so just looking to see now if I need to change it• Loaning from PTPTN but haven't made any commitments just yet• Might've left out some miniscule details and reasonings since I'm writing this on 4hrs sleep and whole day of chores so pardon me :D will provide answers if brought upI've personally tried asking teachers privately but they've all ghosted me and I'm time constrained again so this is my last resort, spilling my beans out there 😀


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.