Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Considering switching from Verizon - help?


full image - Repost: Considering switching from Verizon - help? (from Reddit.com, Considering switching from Verizon - help?)
Hi there. I currently live in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area and have been on Verizon for many years. We have multiple hurricanes in this area and usually the only network that is up and running during the aftermath of a hurricane reliably is Verizon. This has been a fact at least since 2005 dating back to hurricane Katrina, so having service after a major storm has always been a priority for us. That said, we pay a premium for Verizon and we are currently on their older Play More Unlimited plans, we have 2 lines, and pay around $140 / mo. Worth mentioning that I also get a $25/mo discount on my bill for being a healthcare worker and the 140/mo is after that discount. Verizon has always been the most expensive option and now that their Play More plan is no longer offered, they keep nickel and dimming us in order to try to get us to switch to one of their new more expensive “MyPlans”. First was a $4 a mo per line increase on the plan. Then it was doubling my smart watch number share price from $10/mo to $20/mo and I just dropped the smart watch all together. Now they’re reducing my $10/mo/line autopay d iscount. I’m just sick of Verizon fishing around in my pockets for no perceived benefit to me and a strong push to offer me less for more money. I am considering moving our 2 lines to US Mobile and it seems appealing to me that you can switch between carriers essentially when we travel to new areas where Verizon may not have the best service (inthe mountains near Denver Colorado most recently). I also like that they included international travel allowances without having to buy a local eSIM. (Verizon’s international roaming prices are ridiculously expensive outside of Mexico and Canada). So we are considering picking up the Unlimited Premium and would pay $780 per year for 2 lines instead of the $1680 per year for 2 lines that we pay now. I was hoping to ask some questions to any of you who might have been in a similar circumstance. Will USMobile lines on Verizon’s network have less priority for voice and text after something like a hurricane? An acquaintance recently switched to Tello from his Verizon line and has had consistent issues with voice mail / visual voicemail on his iOS device after switching. This would be a deal breaker for us - any issues with voicemail and USMobile Switching networks to get better coverage in new locations on the unlimited plan seems really easy and straight forward and almost seems too good to be true? Any “gotchas” or issues you have experienced? Are there any fundamental differences to between using Verizon directly and Verizon through US Mobile? (Not perceived differences, but actual limits in access for not using Verizon directly?)Is there a “smart watch” plan at a reduced rate or do you have to pick a whole new line for that? I rarely use data and am connected to my phone 99% of the time but it’s nice to have in case of emergency. Thanks in advance for reading my wall of text. I appreciate any and all feedback!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.