Thursday, October 17, 2024

Some people really are wolves in sheep's clothing, and its terrifying


full image - Repost: Some people really are wolves in sheep's clothing, and its terrifying (from Reddit.com, Some people really are wolves in sheep's clothing, and its terrifying)
I thought I had finally escaped the toxicity of working under a narcissist. For years, I had dealt with Mark, my former manager, who was notorious for his mean streak. He belittled employees, took credit for their work, and thrived on creating a negative atmosphere. But just when I thought I had moved on, I found myself in a similar situation at my new job, working under a boss named Claire, who was charming at first glance.In the beginning, Claire seemed like a breath of fresh air. She had a warm smile and would often bring in coffee for the team. Her compliments felt genuine, and for the first time in a while, I thought maybe I had misjudged her. I started to lower my guard, thinking that perhaps she was just misunderstood, like I had once believed about Mark.One day, Claire praised my project presentation and even invited me to co-lead an upcoming initiative. It felt good to be recognized, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that I had finally found a supportive manager. However, I decided to document my thoughts using an app called Reclip. I recorded a quick voice memo about how I felt about Claire, capturing both my excitement and my lingering skepticism.But as the days went on, Claire’s true nature began to emerge. She would make snide remarks during team meetings, subtly undermining my ideas in front of others. I remembered my Reclip recording and played it back, feeling foolish for ever doubting my instincts. It was a stark reminder that I had been here before; I couldn’t let myself be swayed by her momentary kindness.Then came the day of our big presentation. Claire completely shifted the agenda at the last minute, taking credit for all my hard work while blaming me for any minor hiccups. The thrill I felt from the earlier praise evaporated, replaced by a familiar sting of betrayal. I was taken aback, realizing I had fallen for the illusion of her kindness.After the meeting, I recorded another memo with my feelings of disappointment and frustration. I needed to remind myself not to let my guard down again. This time, I was determined to learn from my past experiences. I revisited my previous recording, where I had expressed my excitement about Claire, and it struck me how easily I had ignored the warning signs.In the following weeks, I made a conscious effort to keep my distance and maintain professionalism. I documented every interaction with Claire using Reclip, focusing on her subtle manipulations and backhanded compliments. I shared my experiences with trusted colleagues, ensuring that I wasn’t alone in recognizing her behavior.It turned out I wasn’t the only one who had noticed. Some of my coworkers began to confide in me, sharing their own frustrations about Claire’s erratic behavior. Together, we established a support network to navigate the minefield she had created.Looking back, I realized how important it was to trust my instincts. Just because someone shows kindness doesn’t mean their motives are pure. With my recordings as a reminder, I vowed to never let my guard down again, no matter how charming someone might seem. Even the most evil people can put on a mask of kindness, but that mask is never permanent.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.