Thursday, June 23, 2022

Please help me create a home media server for music and movies


full image - Repost: Please help me create a home media server for music and movies (from Reddit.com, Please help me create a home media server for music and movies)
What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.I have hundreds of CDs and DVDs. I want to:digitize and organize my music, movies, and maybe photosmake them accessible so I can listen to/view them on my iPad and hopefully TVI'm thinking of using Plex, but I have no experience so I'm open to suggestions. I need to rip all the discs as well, so I'll need apps for that.What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?Maximum is probably about $800, but cheaper would be better.When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.Over the next month.What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)I'd like this to be a standalone thing, separate from my computer, and not too large. From the reading I've done, I've been thinking of maybe using a NAS, though I don't really know anything about them. I understand they provide storage, internet access and backup. I have a tablet and phone and I believe a NAS and Plex can be controlled using those. I'll also need software for ripping the CDs and DVDs.Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?Canada, British Columbia. There's a https://ift.tt/sGaYDgB not far from where I live.If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.If I understand correctly, a keyboard, mouse, etc. wouldn't be needed. I could do the ripping on my main computer and transfer the files.Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?No.Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)storage, organization and backup for the music/movie/photo filesability to access/view them on various devicesability to rip new items on my main computer and transfer them easilyWhat type of network connectivity do you need? (Wired and/or WiFi) If WiFi is needed and you would like to find the fastest match for your wireless router, please list any specifics.Wireless would probably be ideal, but wired is also possible. Whichever would be better, really.Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?No, but ideally something not too large if possible.Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?No.Extra info or particulars:I know really nothing about the finer details of computers, so something like a Raspberry Pi is probably not going to work well for me. I'm hoping for something that's straightfoward to put together and get up and running, easy and reliable to use, and not too big. Since I collect CDs and DVDs, so I keep getting new ones, I'd like to be able to add to the collection as I go as well.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.