Thursday, July 28, 2022

Which will help me further my career towards security?


full image - Repost: Which will help me further my career towards security? (from Reddit.com, Which will help me further my career towards security?)
Hey everyone,I'm finally at a point where I'm breaking out of helpdesk and wanted to get some opinions on my two current offers to see which is more likely to help me with my goal of breaking into security, with the long term end goal being on a green team.To get this out there both roles are offering roughly the same pay (only a $1,500 difference between the two), same benefits, remote, etc... In terms of all that they're pretty much offering the same package.My first option is going to initially be a Helpdesk role to learn the companies systems and programs, help them catch up a little bit on tickets, then is going to turn into a Jr. Sys Admin role after about three months. I'll be training under their Sys. Admin and after probably after a year or two depending on how fast I pick things up will be replacing the Sys. Admin as he'll be moving into a leadership role for their Networking team once they've trained someone to replace him. This will be for a small company of 200 employees, so I know what I learn will be very beneficial but I'm not sure how well that knowledge will scale up going into a security position later at what will most likely be a larger company.It's also important to note that my sign-on letter has it in print that I will be moving into the Jr. Sys Admin role at the three month mark so I'm not too worried about it not happening, especially after meeting with the Sys. Admin that will be training me.My other option is an Application Support Analyst. This will be for a larger company (sitting at around 2,000 users from what they've told me). I'll start in what's akin to a Helpdesk role assisting users with their software issues, but will grow into the back end implementation and updates of new and current applications, back end development/troubleshooting of applications, and meeting with vendors to discuss pricing and implementation. But most importantly this role is also going to be working closely with their security team to test application (old and new) as well as assisting them with keeping their approved application list up to date.I'm not entirely sure in what they mean by backend, but from what I can tell they're probably talking about on the server and the backend of the application itself. Unless I'm wrong on this, please correct me if so.I know I'll be learning valuable skills in both roles that I'll be able to apply to security later on, but between the two what do you guys think will be the better stepping stone to get into an entey level security position?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.