Thursday, July 28, 2022

Help me decide on a dumbphone to help heal RSI


full image - Repost: Help me decide on a dumbphone to help heal RSI (from Reddit.com, Help me decide on a dumbphone to help heal RSI)
I'm in my twenties and unfortunately developed a case of RSI in my right arm had it for a couple years now I have totally given up video games and most computer activity. I still find my smartphone Samsung a70 gives me alot of pain, so I have decided to buy a dumbphone and keep my a70 in my car or in my bag if I need navigation(own a gps) or need to Google an address I figure I can just move my Sim card around if I'm careful with it I googled that v2 Sims can't be cloned correct me if I'm wrongRequirements:Calling and texting do not need any wifi or browser because I will keep my A70 for those things.Large internal storage or SD card capabilities to hold music.Work on public mobile in canada which is a telus network bands are as followed4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).Tactile buttons and small enough to be used by my left hand so I don't reinjure my right.Non android based operating system would like to disconnect from Google services and Android was setting up uber on my mother's andriod and when it prompted me for a phone number I could choose between my mother's and mine even though we don't share Google accounts which was staggering to me I plan on installing graphene os on my a70 if possibleSpeaker doesn't need to be great for music since I will be using headphones when I want to listen.Little to no bloatware or games I don't want tk be tempted to do mindless activity when waiting when I could be reading a book or some other activity that does not strain my arm.Prefer Candybar design to a flip phone but haven't ruled out flipsDon't care about MMS or Grouo textsThat's all I can think of right now I will update the post if I think of anything else.Options:From my research using the dumbphone finder I think my two best options areMudita pureNokia 225 4gI understand the mudita has problems has anyone ever tried this phone on telus is it better call quality than you get in the US mudita assures you on their forums it works with telus.I also understand the UI design is a bit undercooked but I think I would get used to it never had a real dumbphone I have an old nokia 105 that I store contacts on from all my Sim cards snd find that ui to be easy to navigateHowever on the flipside on public mobile forums the Nokia 225 4g is not the easiest to setup people have trouble getting the browser to work but I don't need a browser. Also the sms bug seems annoying but their is a fix on a review on Amazon ca but seems complicated. Would hate to buy it and have it not work. And the only 3310 that would work with public mobile is the quad band which seems hard to find and I don't like the visual style of it.Since it's a tool that I am using to change my lifestyle and hopefully get rid of this injury I am fine paying the premium for the mudita I just have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna get it and have trouble unless it works well in canada who knows. We don't have any 2g in canada and 3g is on its way out so 4g is the only way I should go.I am leaning toward the mudita because I don't need a SD for music and j can return it if I don't like it however I dont like the fact that users say the UI isn't very intuitive but it's not like I used old phones my whole life I would get used to it I believe.I also won't be doing texting very because of my RSI so calling would be my main fkrm of communication so I wouldn't care about T9 prediction or any odd keyboard layouts.Any suggestions are welcome but I believe I want a mudita


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.