Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Looking to Upgrade from my 21 MYLR


full image - Repost: Looking to Upgrade from my 21 MYLR (from Reddit.com, Looking to Upgrade from my 21 MYLR)
So looking for some opinions. I know most of it will be biased, and I'm guilty of it myself but here goes:I currently have a 2021 MYLR, with about 42k miles on it... While initially I loved it (and still do to a certain extent), I am starting to get a little bored and now the squeaks, rattles, ride quality and road noise is starting to wear on me. I have done TeslaRPM's insulation package which has reduced some of the road noise, and I have tires that aren't as harsh as the OEM's, but it's not perfect, plus the suspension is another matter, which I don't feel like upgrading... SO I'm hunting for a new EV, but i've narrowed it down to two choices, both super expensive compared to the $56k I paid for the Y...Choice 1: A 2023 Model S (not plaid) (found a couple Demo Models in NJ that are between $83 - 87k). Advantages, still get to use the Supercharger network when on Roadtrips. I do 90% of my charging at home, so it wouldn't be much of a change, but I would lose the storage capacity that I have from the Y and the tow-hitch (Only used it to mount a bike rack). But is it worth the trade in? How is the build quality in comparison between the two? I have read on here that some people feel it's slipped compared to previous years of the S, but compared to the Y idk? Another advantage is I would be able to keep my Winter Wheel/Tire setup and use it on the SChoice 2: A 2023 BMW IX 50. Yes I know a BMW, but fit and finish is worlds ahead of Tesla, but I lose the Supercharger network, but since 90% of my charging is at home it's not a huge deal, until it is and I'm running around trying to find an EA charger that is working correctly on a Road Trip, it does come with 2 years of unlimited EA charging, so that's a small consolation. Performance is on Par with the Y (with Accel. Boost), and cargo capacity is slightly larger, but doesn't have the frunk (not that I used that much). Same as above I could use my current winter tire setup on the IX, but I would need a 5x112 to 5x114.3 spacer adapter, not ideal but doable. I've owned 5 BMWs prior to get the Model Y, so I'm familiar with the Brand (2008 335, 2013 X5, 2015 X3, 2017 330, 2017 X3)Of Course my wife thinks I should just stay with the Y, but she doesn't like the Y, thinks it noisy (the above issues) and doesn't like the ride quality compared to her 2023 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 or her previous 2017 BMW X3.I do have a Pre-order Reservation on a Cybertruck, but probably will request a refund because honesty other than it being different than a regular truck, I don't really need a truck. What are you guys thoughts, and while I know it will be biased, please try and be open minded, let me know...


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.