Saturday, April 8, 2023

Can't get people from outside my network to join my dedicated Satisfactory. Running as Docker Container in Unraid.


full image - Repost: Can't get people from outside my network to join my dedicated Satisfactory. Running as Docker Container in Unraid. (from Reddit.com, Can't get people from outside my network to join my dedicated Satisfactory. Running as Docker Container in Unraid.)
So, I decided to set up an UNRAID server for myself. Still waiting on my hard drives, but I thought I could (quickly) test the game server capabilities already. But o boy was I wrong.Already spend too many hours on it and still can't seem to figure it out. But I feel like it has more to do with the game rather than my Network or anything else. So, I hope someone here can help me find a way to fix this.Here is what I did already:Set up a docker container (tried 3 different repositories: ich777's & sem's directly from the Unraid "appstore" and wolveix's using the command line).Forwarded all the ports (7777, 15777, 15000) to my server's static IP.Got a subdomain using duckdns.org (also running on the server) to keep one static address for my external IP address.So far, so good. At this point in time, I can log onto the server from my Windows machine in the same network, using the server's local IP and port 15777. Claimed it, uploaded my world.Then, to test the external connection, I disconnect the Ethernet cable and use my mobile data to connect to the server. Putting in my DNS or my external IPv4 leads to the same server, showing me a running game and the ping, but no name or authentication.​https://ift.tt/pOwhNTC I try to load in, this pops up:​https://ift.tt/aIGFgUN for my brother on a different machine in a whole different network.We both use the Epic Game Store Version. But just in case, I also bought it on steam. Same deal.I also tried different -multihome commands on startup. But neither the docker specific ip, server specific ip nor the external IPV4 gave better results.Saw that the system time could cause issues, but server and machines all run in the same times zones.Saw that HDDs could be too slow, so I just use a NVMe SSD now.Tried additionally using Steam Login for the docker. Same deal.Tried to overwrite the connection speed in Game.ini, Engine.ini (and one third file). No changes, but I also couldn't figure out to make these files read only for the Docker. So maybe I need to dig deeper here.Probably tried a couple of things more, which I can't remember anymore.Lastly, the reason I think it's game related: Set up a Minecraft Server, felt like two clicks and worked instantly with my DNS address even.​I am happy to provide any additional information one may need to help me and hopefully the people after me, so they don't need to go through this.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.