Monday, April 10, 2023

Titles / Tier 1 Progression for MSP who doesn't have internal growth


full image - Repost: Titles / Tier 1 Progression for MSP who doesn't have internal growth (from Reddit.com, Titles / Tier 1 Progression for MSP who doesn't have internal growth)
I work for an MSP, been here 2 years. Title is just level 1 support. However I do alot more than that.Im in charge of alot of the backup systems, and touch on alot of other things. Virtualization, Firewall/Switch configs, Escalated tickets from the other level 1 techs. Done alot with Azure AD, Azure MDM, Powershell Scripting, Projects, migrations, and tons and tons more.My problem is, Im eager to move up, and im eager to do more. But im told we don't have the area in my company for me to do this. I get told all the time I'm an integral part of the company, but keep telling me that titles are just paper, and while I agree with this to a point. I feel like I'm doing everything and breaking my neck for a place im never going to move up in. Why be a level 1 tech if im doing all of the other level 1 techs escalated tickets, and helping team 2 do alot of projects and other things for the company. We dont have a level 3 per se, it's just level 1/2 and then basically our guru takes a look if we are still stumped, but it doesn't usually get to that.Im trying to find out what to do next, but unsure of what to look for position wise? Do I shoot for a tier 2 support, and do the same stuff im doing now, or do I look for something even further up the chain?Ive been studying for the CCNA, and I think I wanna do some networking but still unsure of what I wanna do 100%. Networking and cloud interest me, but im pushing more towards networking as you need that for cloud and literally everything else anyways. Do I stay and get some certs and then look to move?I do like the company, but I feel like im growing sorta stagnant because im not allowed to "move up". Sure im doing the harder tasks, but I'm unfortunately not getting the better pay than the other level 1 techs which has been kinda putting me off for the last year, I feel as though im starting to turn sour towards the company because im not empowered to grow. Does that make sense??


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.