Friday, October 20, 2023

What can I (24M) really do to help my mom (59F) secure a new job while her current manager(s) taps every device she owns?


full image - Repost: What can I (24M) really do to help my mom (59F) secure a new job while her current manager(s) taps every device she owns? (from Reddit.com, What can I (24M) really do to help my mom (59F) secure a new job while her current manager(s) taps every device she owns?)
My mom has been working at a large scale distribution firm for several years now and has contributed so much to the company over the years. However, she at least believes her current manager is extremely unethical. This is because she claims he finds ways to put her down and keep tabs on her either in the workplace or at home.Mom is adamant that at least every device NOT explicitly owned by me is tapped by her manager/employers. I believe her about 80% now, but the other 20% of me believes at least some of what she’s talking about are coincidences. Here is a list of the devices (other than her work devices obviously) that Mom says her manager/employers are watching and listening through:-Our Sony TV (Mom claims there’s a microphone inside, plus she says it clicks every time she saves a document; it also has some innate software features that can’t be disabled for some reason) -Her personal laptop (has a mic that they can turn on remotely, as well as a photo of her and a phone number that were both somehow uploaded on their own)-Her personal phone (She went so far as to tape up the camera lens; may have a mic they can turn on remotely)-My PS5 (Also clicks every time she saves a file and I have it on rest mode; I currently have it unplugged since august before I plug it back in in the future) -Her car (She claims her employers can track her using the inherent GPS)-Her security system that she shut down a month agoFor my devices, I own a personal laptop, my iPhone, an Apple Watch, a work laptop (not the same company mom works for), my work iPhone, my 2021 SUV, and a Nintendo switch also unplugged. I know that at least half of these devices are tracked assumedly because they are only used by me. There may be a chance my personal laptop is being tracked, which fucking crosses a line because, as a legal adult, I’m not even employed by them. Therefore, I believe they can track every device connected through the home WiFi, so I put my phone exclusively on cellular data. Right now, Mom is looking for a new position at another company, and she’s trying her best to do it under the radar of that company. She’s currently asking me to take her to a nearby library with free computer terminals to complete her application work. She’s also told me that the other day, she tried to use a thumb drive to upload her resume and cover letter, among other files, on her personal laptop to apply for a new job position. Unfortunately, the files on that drive somehow got blocked and corrupted when they were plugged into the laptop, so the drive’s useless. Because of that, she had to go out and get a new one with those same files uploaded there. Of course, she says it was whatever software the employers put onto her personal laptop they corrupted/blocked the files on that drive. That event was what made me fully believe that those people want nothing more than to digitally stalk and torment her. I don’t know if that would result in charges for the managers/employers themselves, but I’m not lawyer or technician. I’ve asked her multiple times to go to her company’s HR or someone she trusts for work multiple times, but she always says that they can’t help her because the ones responsible for looking through her devices have all the money and power. Therefore, she has a major disadvantage if she hypothetically wants to file a lawsuit. I normally have no problem with helping mom in her time of need. However, I have a professional licensing exam coming up in a few week, so I don’t want to be majorly distracted by this problem my mom has right now. Nonetheless, that’s beside the point. Right now, I want to figure out ways to help mom beyond taking her to the library or making new emails for her job applications that are less likely to get tracked. What methods do you have, and what can be done for us both to move on from this?TL;DR: my mom is trying to switch jobs under the radar because her current manager/employers are tapping nearly every device she owns, and maybe mine. This is why I’m taking her to a nearby library so that she can apply for her new job on a network not seen by her manager/employers. This is so that they’re not only unaware of the applications, but also does not give them a reason to fire her. What can I do to help her beyond taking her to a library and using my own email/a newly created email to let her know when job application responses come back? This is all while still studying for my licensing exam coming in a few weeks.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.