Thursday, July 4, 2024

Career advice - counter offer received IM/AM


full image - Repost: Career advice - counter offer received IM/AM (from Reddit.com, Career advice - counter offer received IM/AM)
Seeking some independent careers advice because I'm in a bit of pickle as I received a counter offer from current employer which I was not expecting. Appreciate any advice or recommendations you guys can makeCurrent situation: BlackRock Vice president £92k base, £15k bonus flat for the last 2 years- under paid in the field and my team, 8 years at the firm. Voiced my concerns for some times nothing done about. Unlimited paid holidays - minimum 30 days usually take around 32.Offer from Morgan Stanley (IM) vice president £125k base - full bonus guaranteed for first year but no indication of what this is besides 20-25%. 24 days holiday (but can buy 5). No probation period.Pros: investing in my function and in high cost more skilled locations for IM, larger organisation more business areas to learn about, potential to move into a regulated position (more pay but personal liability), staff seem very nice, people in my network feel they made the right switching to MS from BLK, better at pay bonuses supposedly, wider remit in the role than my current. Like to retain staff and internal mobility quiet good. Fresh start to payCons: holidays, longer contracted hours and rumours of glued to desk culture, usual risks with moving jobs, IM not main part of the business. BLK counter - £125k, guaranteed £25k bonus, the EMEA head of team resigned just before me which has worked in my favour and does potentially give scope to get more senior responsibilities.Pros: holidays great manager, great global head, good network, great team who support me, I am reasonably known and respected in large parts of the business and depertment, biggest player in IM, I have the flexibility I need, chance of more senior responsibilities with other leavers. Have been promoted previously, but may end up in a senior manager heavy department. My tenure and protections that come with it.Cons: short staffed, work loads, lack of replacement, replacing staff with inexperienced people, seem to be focused on reducing staff in high cost locations, concerns over senior management, fragmented approach to everything which becomes unmanagedable, concerns of being in the same position again in the future regarding pay, chance of little to no increases in the near futureI have informed MS of the counter, asking for more detail on the bonus expectations given BLK have guaranteed a figure. Also the holidays mean I would lose a week's wage at least if I moved, so I have if they can match holiday (either contractually or through salary for me to buy) and waiting to hear back.Grateful to hear what you folks think, honestly I thought BLK would just say see ya, and eventually replace me with analyst or 2 in a low cost hub as they usually do, if even keep your headcount.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.