Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Equipment Return Misinformation


full image - Repost: Equipment Return Misinformation (from Reddit.com, Equipment Return Misinformation)
Hey everyone, I have an issue with Cox. So I purchased my home brand new construction (closed escrow and took keys in October 2022). The home came with cox equipment already in home since Cox was the only ISP provider for the area. It was a vacation home, so I wasn't there full time. I sold my home in July of this year, I contacted Cox to cancel service. I asked them specifically if I had to return the gateway since it was there before I even had service. The rep informed me that I did not since it was part of the home. I asked if they're sure because I live in another State from where the device is located, CA perm address, Las Vegas where cox was service. Rep reassured me that it was fine, I get an email that says equipment needs to be returned, I contacted COX via chat, they again assured me it's fine and if I get another email to contact them again and they'll remove it.Today I get an email saying to return the equipment or pay the $240. I am at work and I contact Cox via chat, they say "no you need to return it", the rep that told you it didn't need to be returned is wrong. I am beyond livid because had they told me to return it I would. I would not want to keep their stupid hardware as my permanent address is not cox serviced area. No logical reason for me to keep a device that I have no use for and to pay $240 for it. The stupid thing is, the new home owner that bought my home is USING THE GATEWAY, how do I know this? Because the washer/dryer and refrigerator that I included in the home sale is still connected to the network since it's still using the same wifi SSID. I've tried to escalate this to "the manager" but fell upon deaf ears. Who can I contact to get this fixed? I'm about to submit a complaint to the FTC and possibly the FCC about this.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.