Monday, September 9, 2024

First Setup with Ubiquiti


full image - Repost: First Setup with Ubiquiti (from Reddit.com, First Setup with Ubiquiti)
Hey, new to Ubiquiti, and not a networking expert by any means but a Cloud DevOps so I can learn enough to get by if needed. I just want to vet my setup to ensure there are no issues before purchasing. Some of this is future-proofing, and some is waiting for more money lol. Its for smart home setup, lot of devices on the network and am running a small home server. currently gigabit internet but might get to 1.5 soon, will be hardwired to two places that need it over 1. Future i will add more Poe devices, but for now i only need to power APs, maybe replace my front camera in the short term.Going with the cloud gateway max for the router. Thought about also going Dream machine SE as well as it would cover my need for a POE+ switch, but seems better to keep it separate and Max supports 2.5 LANFor the switch, I am thinking the Lite Poe 8. It covers my current Poe+ needs with room for maybe 2 cameras in the future. I fully expect to upgrade this in the future with something like the Pro Max 15 Poe, but that is a lot more money now and sold out so not really an option. I don't need Poe++ or 2.5 right now.APs, I was thinking 2 U7 pros, i did see some posts saying they were not great but I do want to start Wifi 7. I could budget to make one a U7 Pro Max maybe but it's pushing it for today. Any issues with this setup? One thing i am not sure of is how the APs will work. My house is a decent size and will need 2 APs for coverage (at least with wifi 6 I did). These don't look like mesh, only 6 have mesh. How well do they work as you move around? Most mesh I've seen don't even do device switching well. If a Wifi 7 Mesh was launched would these work as mesh points?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.