Wednesday, July 24, 2024

sonos is SO FRUSTRATING / new product advice


full image - Repost: sonos is SO FRUSTRATING / new product advice (from Reddit.com, sonos is SO FRUSTRATING / new product advice)
LONG POST SO TLDR BELOW. WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN LOOK AT THE WHOLE POST (or scroll to the bottom)Frustrated with recent sonos purchase, so I'm looking to replace it with two Homepods and an Apple TV for a stereo setup since my main intent is to use this for listening to music and to fill up my living room. My whole apartment is less than 700 SQFT, and I'm located in the US. My budget is below $1200, but I'm hoping it's less since I don't think anything else on the market costs as much as sonos lol. If you guys have any other suggestions for a soundbar, or stereo speaker setup that's white, that would be great. I've been looking at the Samsung soundbars, but I heard they don't sound that great. I've been trying to get my sonos ARC to work for about a month now. I blew $900 and it did not blow me out of the waters as I expected, and honestly, I have low expectations because the Logitech Z313 blew me away when I first got it, then upgraded to an Audioengine A2 and I freaking love it.It came for a soundbar, or rather a sound system for my living room since I just moved into an apartment, and got to be honest. The sonos product just aesthetically looks the best. I loved how the arc looked with my frame TV, so I went with it, but as soon as I got it I was so disappointed in the sound. I couldn't hear much difference between the TV speakers and the Arc itself. (For the price at least)Obviously the Arc sounds better than anything I've owned, but up until now, I haven't spent this much premium on a sound system, so I was really expecting to once again blow me again. I complained about this on the sonos subreddit, and I was recommended to buy a mini-sub and oh god time to let my frustration out, but the GOD DAMN APP. From the moment I got the Arc, I was having connection issues, but it was fine because it connected to my TV, and I had no real reason to use the Sonos app, and it was working fine the next day since I was able to setup trueplay and all those things.BUT WHEN I GOT THE SUB MINI LMFAO?? I had the worst time connecting to it. I've done a factory reset about 20-30 times now? I've deleted the app and reinstalled it more than I can count, I've tried the pairing process over and over, and nothing just works. I've reset my router and modem, and really nothing worked.Every time I tried getting it to connect, it just told me "Device not connected (or something like that) below my Arc, and there really would be nothing I could do because there's no troubleshooting steps, or any buttons; just tells me to restart my sub-mini and again, I've done that way too many times. Sometimes it wouldn't even show up on my network, sometimes the app tells me there's no devices at all, sometimes and this was about 5-30 seconds, but it FINALLY showed up without any weird message and connected to my arc, but again, it went back to its normal routine saying it doesn't show up and this was after 5 hours of me trying to figure this out.I called Sonos support, they ran me through resetting the Arc, connecting it to ethernet, blah blah blah, but ultimately resulted in "Hey it's not our fault but YOU need to get a new router!" ???????????????Now the Arc doesn't even show up on the app. Nothing seems to work. I've tried it on IOS, iPad OS, MacOS, Windows 11, and for fuck sakes an Android emulator to try Sonos app within, and make a great guess. NOTHING WORKED LOL???The one great success I have is SonosPhone which I paid money for. The app instantly detects the Arc (Not the Sub Mini even though it's technically "Paired") after I paired it, and I'm able to play radio music and other content meaning it's not my network or router because the same phone detects an Arc and is able to control it, but I can't do much with SonosPhone until I fully set it up with the official Sonos app which still till this day tells me there's no detected devices, or anything on my network, and again sonos support telling me its because I live in an apartment, and I need to get a new router that doesn't share a mesh network.(WHERE IT ACTUALLY GETS IMPORTANT IM SORRY)So now were here. I'm done researching through the Sonos Subreddit and Community posts, and I am not going to contact my apartment IT people and ask them to reconfigure my DNS and whatever the shit Sonos support is telling me to do because honestly it's not even an option for me, and the fact everything does show up on EVERYTHING BUT THE SONOS APP, I think we can all agree in unison this is an app issue.$1200 later, I think I'm returning it. Fuck the aesthetics. (I lied aesthetics is still important lol)But this is where the subreddit comes in, I would like to request assistance on what the best purchase may be for me. For media and watching movies, honestly I think the TV speakers suffice, but it doesn't when it comes to playing music on both Apple Music and Spotify. I have to agree, I did love how the Arc sounded with DolbyAtmos supported music, but right now my options are:Stereo Homepods 2 (White) + Apple TVAnd I'd like to take other suggestions too. A lot of people have told me soundbars are bad for listening to music, but right now I'm looking for something that'll fit my living room aesthetic (Looking mainly for anything white) and something that'll fill the whole room (which something soundbars do) (The whole apartment is less than 700 SQFT, and honestly the living room is even smaller, so it's not too much to fill up the room, but my audioengine A2's for sure don't do the job.And of course, this will be for my TV, but my point was, I'm focusing more on the music aspect since anything will sound better than my built-in TV speakers which I'm honestly fine with. My budget is anything below $1200, but I'm hoping to keep it less because I don't think anything else in the market costs as much as Sonos lol.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.