Saturday, March 25, 2023

DE2-115 Ethernet Network Setup


full image - Repost: DE2-115 Ethernet Network Setup (from Reddit.com, DE2-115 Ethernet Network Setup)
For a personal project I'm trying to send data via Ethernet from my laptop into the FPGA, where it has some filtering and other processing done to it, then back into my laptop. I've been trying to get this repo to work, but there's a problem: my ancient macbook can't run Quartus, so I need to use campus PCs to build the project and program the board, but I don't have permissions to successfully run the makefiles that build the project.To get around this, I've tried following this example which uses that repo and manually compiling + programming the necessary files it lists in Quartus, but I'm still struggling to verify any communication. I've tried changing my laptop IP and the device IP using ifconfig, but with no success so far. My immediate goal is to establish the interface and successfully run the suggested test (using netcat to send data to the FPGA with a loopback sending it back to the laptop). Right now I can't figure out if the test isn't working because of a networking issue, or a problem I caused while trying to compile the project.So, I guess some specific questions are (although any help would be appreciated):1) How can I get, and change, the IP address of the DE2-115 board? There's a spot to enter the IP address in the source code, but I can't figure out if this sets the IP of the board, or if I'm meant to find/set the device's IP from my laptop and then enter it here.2) Are there preferred IP addresses I should set my laptop and the board to?3) If anyone has experience using the Alex Forencich project, how can I build it manually and confirm I've compiled all the correct files without using the makefiles?4) Would it be a better idea to try one of the Ethernet IP cores, keeping in mind I have no experience with Ethernet/networking but also none with using any IP cores?Thanks for the help!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.