Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Regrettable Question: XLR Cable Issues, The Left-handed Screwdriver


full image - Repost: Regrettable Question: XLR Cable Issues, The Left-handed Screwdriver (from Reddit.com, Regrettable Question: XLR Cable Issues, The Left-handed Screwdriver)
Hey folks, I love this sub and the vibe everyone has here, so please go easy on me with this most assuredly stupid question.I've been growing my understanding and application of more advanced field audio recording in my corporate video work. I'm 4 years in and predominately a one-man band, so I try to keep everything manageable. I shoot with a mirrorless camera system [2-3 cam's at a time] and record to a MixPre 3ii with Sennheiser wireless lav's. Pretty much have only shot locked down interview style stuff, with b-roll being the exception --but no audio on the b-roll. So far so good. Everything has been working as expected.I recently bought a sound bag so I could run/monitor audio while moving around with a gimbal. I didn't like the tight fit with the traditional straight XLR cables going into the recorder, so bought 3 Cable Techniques low-profile XLR cables, two with TRS terminations for the lav's RX, and one standard XLR termination for a boom if/when I ever run one when stationary. Pretty straightforward.The issue is, the two TRS cables only work if I crank the channel gain up beyond what's reasonable --for background noise levels, and even then they are barely audible. If I use XLR-TRS adapters either straight into the MP3ii's receptacles [what I've been doing for 3-4 years], or any of my other XLR cables [with TRS adaptors] it works great as it has in the past. Including the CT XLR/XLR low profile cable. Zero issues.In trying to problem solve/understand this, I noticed that the two XLR/TRS cables are labeled on their packaging as "output" cables and the XLR/XLR is labeled as "input." Is this an audio version of network CAT5 cables having cross-over variants? I'm ordering two more CT XLR/XLR low-profile cables and calling it a day, but am still curious as to what's going on. Chances of two bad cables???Google has not been my friend. #LefthandedScrewdriverWorks: https://ift.tt/Ip5ws2Q Not Work: https://ift.tt/1mvJtgy


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.